vrijdag 13 maart 2009

The search for rosettes continues in Belgium

Last wednesday the search continues. This time I started my walk at the trainstation in Maastricht. From there the trip took my over the Sint Pieterbergs to Thier de Castert and through the locks of Lanaye to a small grassland. I've posted some scenic pictures of the trip below.

Old farmhouse at Thier de Castert

In the past Monkeys Orchis (Orchis simia), Man's Orchis (Orchis anthropophorum) and Bee Orchid (Ophrys apifera) were reported here. I had good hope that I would find rosettes of the afore mentioned species. After I've entered the small grasslands I soon found the first rosettes. It appeared that they belong to the Bee Orchid (Ophrys apifera). In total I've located between forty and fifty rosette of this species. Later on I've spotted some rosettes that belong to the Lady Orchid (Orchis purpurea), at least that's what make of it. Unfortunatly I wasn't able to locate any rosette that belonged to the Monkey Orchis (Orchis simia) or Man's Orchid (Orchis anthropophorum).

Rosettes of the Bee Orchid (Ophrys apifera)


A rozette of the Lady Orchid (Orchis purpurea)

Leaving Belgium through the locks I continued my way to Maastricht through the Jeker valley of which I've posted a picture below.


The Albert canal near Petit-Lanaye


The locks


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten